Forum Thread: A Simple App to Safeguard Your Mobile from Thieves

One of my friends lost his mobile twice to pickpockets while traveling in the metro trains. Being an app developer, I thought of helping him out through an app, so I created an app called Pocket Sense which uses a mobile phone's proximity sensor to detect whether it is in the user's pocket or not.

It works as follows:

1. You need to download the app from Google Play Store.
  2. Set a delay time for the alarm to 5/10/15 seconds.
  3. Enable Pocket Sense Mode in the app before keeping it in your pocket while traveling in a public transport or passing through a crowded place where you believe the pickpockets could steal your mobile.
  4. If you take out the mobile and unlock its lock screen within the delay time, nothing will happen.
  5. If someone else takes the mobile out of your pocket and didn't unlock the mobile lock screen within the delay time (which they couldn't do), the app will start ringing the alarm.

That's it! You can stop worrying about the mobile safety in public places or crowded parties. Along with Pocket Sense Mode, the app is also providing Charge Sense Mode which lets you to aware whenever someone else unplugs your mobile from the charging point, and Motion Sense Mode to detect when someone else tries to access your mobile.

The app was released on March 29,2017) and accumulated more than 3,000 downloads in a few weeks. Also, the app got featured at Android Police's new notable apps of the week section at "11 new and notable Android apps from the last week (4/11/17 - 4/17/17)." The app is also reviewed by a YouTube tech channel called Tech Wiser and you can see the app in action in the below video starting around 4:57 minutes in.

If you like the app, download it from Google Play Store. Share your feedbacks about the app in the comments below.

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active